This is summary information. You can ask any member of centre staff for our full policies.
Equality and Diversity
When we talk about Equality and Diversity we mean:
- Equality – Fairness, everyone has the right to fair and equal treatment
- Diversity – Difference, everyone has the right to be different and the responsibility to respect the rights of others
Go Train welcomes all learners regardless of individual difference and aims to make learning inclusive, eliminate discrimination and promote equality of opportunity. We aim to ensure any reasonable adjustments and special considerations are provided to you irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Code of Conduct
We expect the following behaviour of all our learners and staff at all times:
- Act in a responsible way to safeguard your own health and safety and that of others
- Respect the different backgrounds, experiences and lifestyles of others
- We have zero tolerance to bullying and harassment
- Act in ways which do not discriminate against people of different backgrounds
- Do not use language or behaviour which could offend others, e.g. racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist, or language offensive to people with a disability
- Comply with any centre and Go Train policy
Health & Safety
Our aim is to keep you and all our learners and staff safe. We will explain our Health & Safety procedures and evacuation procedures at your Induction sessions.
Online safety is a specific section of Part 2 of Go Train’s Safeguarding Policy. This is a much broader than a simple focus on online safety as an ICT issue. Our safeguarding responsibilities include online safety because the internet can be used inappropriately for bullying, grooming, exploitation and radicalisation. Learners are encouraged to use email and the internet for learning, job search purposes and to assist personal action such as accessing Universal Credit, housing or medical matters.
Learners can request full copy of these policies or our other policies covering:
- Initial Assessment
- Exit Review
- Use of IT