Overall Purpose of Role
As a careers advisor, the successful candidate will be supporting people who need to make decisions about their education, training and work options.
You will help clients with any of the following issues:
- To assess abilities, interests and achievements.
- To find learning and work opportunities.
- To use careers information and resources.
- To make choices which are realistic and suited to their circumstances.
- To look at available options.
- To make a plan of action to achieve aims.
- To support clients to carry out the action plan.
Your work would also include:
- Developing working relationships with employers, colleges, universities and training providers.
- Keeping up to date with occupational and labour market information (LMI).
- Giving talks and leading discussions.
- Keeping records and completing other administrative tasks.
- All clients participating in the National Careers Service programme.
- Understanding the contract and the implications for self, team and learners.
- Adherence to both Go Train and NCS requirements, as laid down in the contract / Service Level Agreement.
- Receiving, understanding and meeting the monthly targets, in order to achieve both quality and financial requirements of the business.
- To open a National Careers Service account and complete a fully word processed, SMART skills action plan for all customers drawing on skills assessment, that is agreed by the customer and focuses on progress and outcomes in the short, medium and longer term.
- To refer customers to learning and skills provision, specialist provision, other support to help overcome barriers to entering learning, entering sustainable employment and progressing in life.
- To support customers to develop their own skills.
- To ensure customers have access to up to date Labour Market Information to support them to make informed career choices.
- To provide personal skills assessment for all customers to National service standards.
- To provide detailed careers information and advice and information about the qualifications and skills required for roles, advice on funding options, advice on returning to work, and advice on childcare.
- To ensure close partnership working between National Careers Service, Go Train Ltd and Jobcentre Plus and other appropriate agencies, based on a clear understanding of the respective roles and responsibilities of the services which will ensure a shared commitment to supporting sustainable employment with progression.
- To provide services in outreach venues to ensure customers have access to services across the area at suitable times.
- To provide information to customers to raise awareness of an individual’s potential entitlements to public funding to support learning.
- To achieve a minimum service user satisfaction rating of 96%.
- To accurately input client data from advice sessions onto the national CRM system.
- To develop and maintain links with key stakeholders, in conjunction with local line managers, to promote and provide the service to customers.
- To ensure referral to and from a wide range of relevant and specialist services and agencies (including appropriate websites) such as the Citizens Advice Bureau, housing associations, debt advice agencies, community legal advice, colleges.
- To negotiate and review with your line manager personal objectives, outcomes and training needs within the staff performance, appraisal and development scheme and take responsibility for personal professional development.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures including equal opportunities and health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To optimise the use of ICT within the role.
- To adhere to the company policy of commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to ensure that safeguarding arrangements are in place and are complied with.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com