Civil Service Sector-Based Work Academy Programme
Are you looking for work in the Civil Service? Join Go Train’s Sector Work Academy Programme (SWAP) and develop sector specific skills and confidence to return to work quickly. Our fully-funded training courses for jobs in the Civil Service can be completed within 2 weeks and are free for the majority of learners.
Employing over 445,000 people across the country and overseas, job opportunities include everything from advising ministers on policy, to delivering front line services to the public. You could be working as a vet, a customer service adviser, a weapons engineer, a marine biologist or a web developer, to name a few.
Whatever you do, and wherever you work, a job in the Civil Service is an opportunity to make a difference. SIGN UP TODAY by completing the short form below:
Get the support and skills to find a job in the education & training sector
- Government fully-funded SWAP training for the employment sector
- Learn skills employers want, online or in a centre
- Receive careers advice & guidance
- Personalise your CV & application letters
- Supported job search
- Present yourself effectively at interviews
- Introduction to employers in the Civil Service
Why Enrol With Go Train
Go Train is a successful, fast growing training provider with an excellent reputation for high quality training and development programmes.
Specialising in IAG, skills delivery and support for progression into employment, apprenticeships or further learning, Go Train has 20 permanent centres and 200 staff across London, West Midlands and the South of England.
Supporting tens of thousands to enter and sustain employment since 2002, Go Train is committed to meeting the learning and wider support needs of individuals.
Go Train can offer:
- One-to-one coaching
- Personal action plan
- Confidence building and self-motivation
- Specific training for lone parents and older workers
- CV and application letter writing
- Job search and application form support
- Managing finances, including Universal Credit
- Interview techniques
- On-the-job work experience
- Practical skills and training development
- IT and computers skills
- On-going support after returning to work
Helping Improve Your Skills
Every year Go Train help thousands of people improve their skills and confidence, to aim higher in their job and improve their career prospects. Our training is a mix of online, tutor led and self-paced learning in IT and computers, employment and work skills, customer service, retail and employability – delivered in a non-pressured adult environment.
Develop Skills Employers Want
Go Train believes the key to success is not just about you academic ability but rather a wholesome approach. These can be seen in our five employability pillars:
- Motivation – Ready to take on new opportunities
- Interpersonal Skills – Achieve goals with others
- Overcome setbacks – Ready to try again
- Self Esteem – Feel good about yourself
- Time Management – Reliable and turn up on time
Go Train offers courses to adults through flexible online training. Study whenever you want at your own pace – our Tutors will always be available to offer support and advice when needed.
Eligibility for Free Training
Go Train are co-financed by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) so training is completely FREE if you are:
- A UK resident or can provide Right to Work documents
and you are either
- On other benefits
- Working for a Kent/Essex based employer who has under 250 employees
*subject to terms and conditions.