ENGLISH Functional Skills COURSES
Whether you’re setting out on a brand new career path, aiming higher in your job or starting your own business, Go Train are here to improve your career prospects with our Fully Funded English Functional Skills courses. For most of our learners this qualification is free and funded by government.
English is a vital skill we all need to develop and keep using throughout life. Almost every job requires the ability to communicate confidently, along with the capacity to problem solve and use technology effectively. This course is available at Level 1 and Level 2, dependent on your current skill level.
You can gain your English Functional Skills using our new virtual classroom, where you can meet your tutor and chat via text, phone or video. You will be fully supported by our team and will be able to keep in contact with other learners the same way.
Download our course flyer for further information here:
Simply complete the blue box below to register your interest and one of our friendly colleagues will be in touch.
Why Enrol With Go Train
Go Train is a successful, fast growing training provider with an excellent reputation for high quality training and development programmes.
Specialising in IAG, skills delivery and support for progression into employment, apprenticeships or further learning, Go Train has 20 permanent centres and 200 staff across London, West Midlands and the South of England.
Supporting tens of thousands to enter and sustain employment since 2002, Go Train is committed to meeting the learning and wider support needs of individuals.
Go Train can offer:
- One-to-one coaching
- Personal action plan
- Confidence building and self-motivation
- Specific training for lone parents and older workers
- CV and application letter writing
- Job search and application form support
- Managing finances, including Universal Credit
- Interview techniques
- On-the-job work experience
- Practical skills and training development
- IT and computers skills
- On-going support after returning to work
Helping You Find Work
Whether you’re setting out on a brand new career path, aiming higher in your job or just getting started in employment, Go Train are here to improve your career prospects.
Delivering learning and support to help you move into or closer to work. Every year we help thousands of people improve their skills and confidence to gain employment. Our training is a mix of tutor led and self-paced learning in IT and computers, employment and work skills, customer service, retail and employability – delivered in a non-pressured adult environment.
Develop Skills Employers Want
Go Train believes the key to success is not just about you academic ability but rather a wholesome approach. These can be seen in our five employability pillars:
- Motivation – Ready to take on new opportunities
- Interpersonal Skills – Achieve goals with others
- Overcome setbacks – Ready to try again
- Self Esteem – Feel good about yourself
- Time Management – Reliable and turn up on time
Go Train offers courses to adults through structured online training which can also be supported by safe, socially-distanced learning in centre. Tutors will always be available to offer support and advice when needed and to help you manage your learning so you complete in good time to achieve your career objectives, interview date or qualification.
COURSE OVERVIEW & QUALIFICATIONS
Functional Skills English – Entry Level 3
- Listen, understand and respond to verbal communication in a range of familiar contexts.
- Acquire an understanding of everyday words and their uses and effects, and apply this understanding in different contexts.
- Read with accuracy straightforward texts encountered in everyday life/work, and develop confidence to read more widely.
- Write straightforward texts and documents with clarity and effectiveness, and demonstrate a sound grasp of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Functional Skills English – Level 1 & 2
- Listen, understand and make contributions to discussions in a range of contexts.
- Apply an understanding of language to adapt delivery and content to suit audience/purpose.
- Read a range of different text types confidently and fluently, applying their knowledge and understanding of texts to their own writing.
- Write texts of varying complexity, with accuracy, correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Understand the situations when, and audiences for which, planning, drafting and using formal language are important, and when they are less important.
EligIbility for Free Training
Go Train are co-financed by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) so training is completely FREE if you are:
- A UK resident or can provide Right to Work documents
and you are either
- On other benefits