IT and Social Media Officer – REF108
- Job Title: IT and Social Media Officer
- Job Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £10.00 per hour
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9.00 am- 5.30 pm
Guaranteed interview after successfully completing the following training package within the specified timescale
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: 29/06/2020
- Course Length: 3 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Digital Skills
- Interview Date: TBC
You will be responsible for installing or upgrading components, setting up software, assisting with network administration, and resolving all IT support issues. To be successful Candidate, you should have an in-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies, especially Office 365 SharePoint, Access Software, Networking, Website Development and Social Media. The I.T and Social Media Officer will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and, in some cases, designing communication networks within the organization. Their goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for the company.
Office 365 / SharePoint high degree of knowledge
- Candidate must be able to maintain and improve existing SharePoint services throughout the company and develop and manage user access and control policies as well as backing up all online data stored within SharePoint.
- The ideal candidate will monitor SharePoint software for any glitches or problems, deal with troubleshoot issues promptly and provide technical support for SharePoint users, oversee activity pertaining to the maintenance of SharePoint
- Customizes SharePoint site for company purpose.
- Maintain records of SharePoint updates, maintenance, and activity
- Maintain SharePoint firewalls and security and manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database, implement testing tools that monitor the ongoing performance of the existing share point
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users to maintain data standards
- Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans, commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Consults with management to devise the most useful ways to apply SharePoint to a business’s goals, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
Candidate must maintain and improve the current networks in place and be able to develop it as the business grows. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for:
- Implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and, in some cases, designing communication networks within an organization or between organizations. Their goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for their users
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades on network optimization
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases, develop methods and tools to be used to test and implement new LAN/WAN equipment
- The configuration of routing and switching equipment and the configuration of hosted IP voice services
- The basic configuration of firewalls
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- Administering firewalls and maintaining IT security systems
- Router configuration
- Upgrading data servers and network equipment
- IP address auditing
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and system
- Assembling new systems
- Setting up computers for Staff
Access Database skills
To be able to create an inhouse database tailored to the needs of the business to help facilitate and improve business client records keeping. As a database administrator, you will need to:
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly and carry out capacity planning
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the company’s Website and Social Media strategy to increase brand awareness, improve Marketing efforts and increase sales. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on professional with strong knowledge of content website development, and an ability to translate our business needs into client-friendly functions that will expand our
website’s influence in our industry. The ideal candidate will be responsible for updating our current website and social media platforms, as well as developing and implementing a usability testing process to ensure that new website applications meet our company’s requirements.
To determine the best plug-ins and applications to provide websites with new features and functionality, and installs them accordingly, Tests websites using a variety of browsers, including Internet Explorer. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various company department members, including advertising, product development, and brand management
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram etc.
- Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, leaflets, web page and blog content, or social media messages
- Developing social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity.
- Communicating with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Have significant industry experience, ideally 3 years.
- Possesses knowledge of best practices for maintaining information security.
- Is able to handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly.
- Possesses ability to think creatively to devise customizations and uses for SharePoint.
- Exhibits knowledge of software development industry.
- Must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Is familiar with website layouts and html.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Works well with a team.
- Is able to translate technical jargon into layman’s terms for explanatory purposes.
- Demonstrates ability to work and conduct research independently.
- Manages time efficiently and multi-tasks effectively.
- Is able to think and work quickly to remedy system shutdowns or serious software problems
To apply now complete the short form below: