Health Care Assistant – REF188
- Job Title: Health Care Assistant
- Job Location: Romford and surrounding areas
- Hours: Flexible hours to suit, shift pattern to encourage work/life balance
- Salary: The rate of Pay is £9.00 per hour, however the candidates cover half hour visits, 45 min visits and hour visits.
You will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and at no charge to the individual.
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: 06/07/2020
- Course Length: 2 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Customer service
The post holder will be required to work according to the needs of the service delivery. You will mostly work alone with the customer in their home. Safely provide compassionate care and support that is centred on the individual needs and wishes of each client, respect their choices and promote their dignity at all times.
- To meet the needs of the individuals in your care by helping to promote their personal development physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
- Help them to achieve maximum independence possible and enhance the quality of life.
- To record in writing, simple details of care given to service users, and report any accidents, incidents or dangerous occurrences.
- To acquire and update own knowledge and skill by attending regular training sessions with the company’s training division- to comply with the new legislations.
- To work with colleagues in a courteous and respectful manner, and promote a positive image of the company by maintaining a professional approach at all times.
- To actively support other Care Workers.
- To adhere to all regulatory and statutory obligations and policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To actively and promote a positive, personal and professional profile, ensuring the good reputation of the company all times
Follow instructions in the care and support plan which has been agreed with each client. This may include:
All aspects of personal care
- Showering and bathing
- Dressing and grooming
- Toileting and continence care
- Teeth and dentures
- Taking medicines
- Encouraging, reminding; assisting and giving medicines
- Ordering and collecting prescriptions
- Returning unwanted medicines to the pharmacy for safe disposal
- Eating and drinking
- Helping the customer to plan what to eat and drink
- Gentle encouragement and help to eat and drink well
- Shopping, preparing and serving food and drinks
- Clearing the table, washing up and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy;
- Agreeing with the customer how to store food safely and dispose of out of date produce
Safely using aids and personal equipment in a manner that respects the dignity of customers. For example
- Standing and walking frames
- Wheelchairs, manual and electric hoists
- Sliding sheets and moving boards
- Hearing aids and other physical aids
- Washing floors, vacuuming and sweeping
- Laundry and ironing, making beds and changing the linen
- Dusting and general tidying
Recording and Reporting
- To maintain detailed accurate records in respect of care and medication support given and tasks undertaken
- To regularly read care and support plans, acknowledging changes
- To promptly report to the office or Out of Hours Care Coordinator any issues concerning the care, support, well being or behaviour of the Customer and update records accordingly
- To continue to monitor where concerns have been reported and recorded
- To recognise the signs of abuse and immediately report abuse or suspected abuse to the Registered Manager
- To report any complaints to the office or Out of Hours Care Coordinator
- To contact the office or Out of Hours Care Coordinator if running late
Please note that this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and Satisfactory references.
To apply now complete the short form below: