Care Assistant – REF297
- Job Title: Care Assistant
- Job Location: Sandwell
- Hours: Full-time, part-time, contract, permanent
- Salary: £NMW
** Please note that you will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and offered at no charge to the individual.**
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: 27/07/2020
- Course Length: 2 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Digital Skills
The Care Assistants provide and coordinate individualised care and resources to service users so that they may continue to live in their homes and in the community. Home Care may include transportation, house cleaning, personal hygiene, providing meals, and other health and wellness related activities. The Care Assistant is also responsible for implementing the service user plan. They will maintain confidential client files and will prepare and present reports and information as required. The Care Assistant will ensure that all Home Care is provided in a caring and respectful way in keeping with all relevant policies and procedures. They will liaise with other community services and resources to ensure that other resources are involved, if required.
To have individual responsibility in accordance with the practices, procedures and policies for the personal needs of service users. To enable service users to live as independently, comfortably and securely as possible. To promote the opportunity for service users to live in the community for as long as possible, by providing care and support to individuals and families.
• To perform basic personal care tasks as outlined in the service user plan.
• To alert project managers of any changes in the service user’s condition or circumstances.
• To create and maintain good communication with service users including those who may have some degree of communication difficulties.
• To make and maintain effective working relationships with service users
• To develop good communication links with the usual carer or family member in the service user’s home.
• To prepare and cook meals if outlined in the service user plan
• To undertake housekeeping, household cleaning and laundry duties as requested if outlined in the service user plan.
• To help with purchasing of provisions to provide an adequate, balanced and stimulating diet where necessary.
• To adhere to all of Support Asia policies.
In general it is the duty of the post holder to undertake all care work with the sensitivity required to provide services in a way, which will preserve the dignity, privacy, choice, independence, fulfilment and rights of the service user and his/her usual carer/members of family.
The Home Care Assistant requires knowledge of:
• Proper home care techniques including house cleaning, feeding and personal hygiene.
• Appropriate Home Care Interventions.
• Services and resources in the community.
• The culture and traditions of people receiving support
• All relevant legislation, policies and practices.
• Must demonstrate the following skills:
• Team building skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills
• Financial management skills
• Administrative skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrate good decision making in dealing with safety and other medical issues
• The Care Assistant must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of Home Care Assistant Worker. Must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
• Be consistent and fair
• Be compassionate and understanding
• Be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
• Respect cultural differences
• Work independently with little supervisor
• Work effectively as a member of a team
• Encourage clients and families to be involved in care, if appropriate
• Encourage clients and families to take responsibility for care, if appropriate
• Liaise with all family, medical and other resources, as required
• Advocate on behalf of service users for additional service and resources, as required
• Establish and maintain current, accurate, confidential files for each client
• Perform other related duties as required
• Health & Social Care: 1 year (Preferred)
• Driving (Preferred)
To apply now complete the short form below: