Waiting Staff – REF298
- Job Title: Waiting Staff
- Job Location: Coventry
- Hours: Work will include weekends. From 4pm till 11pm. shifts may vary depending on whether you are part time / fulltime.
- Salary: £7.00 – £9.00 per hour
** Please note that you will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and offered at no charge to the individual.**
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: 27/07/2020
- Course Length: 2 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Digital Skills & Food Safety in Catering
We are looking for a mature, energetic, responsible waiter/waitress to join this award-winning team.
- Welcomes customers when they arrive at a restaurant
- Introduces customers to the menu and announces daily or seasonal menu specials
- Answers questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
- Takes customers’ orders for food and drink by writing them on a ticket, entering them into a tablet, or memorizing them
- Passes customer orders along to kitchen staff for preparation
- Prepares drinks and serves them to customers
- Collects food orders from the kitchen, verifies that they are correct, and serves them to customers
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with their meals and processes orders for additional courses if necessary
- Removes used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables
- Prepares cheques and delivers them to customers
- Processes cash and credit card payments and returns change to customers if necessary
- Sets tables with tableware, dishes, glasses, and flatware and refills condiments
- Maintains familiarity with menu items, specials, and restaurant information
- Meets with managers and wait staff daily or regularly to learn about menu changes and specials as well as discuss upcoming reservations and customers with special needs
You will need to have at least 1 years’ experience or more with knowledge of drinks, beer, spirits and cocktails would be an advantage. Willing to learn new skills and with a positive attitude to grow good hygiene standards. You must take pride in your appearance and present yourself in a professional manner.
• Minimum of 1 years experience in a similar position in a high volume fine dining or full service restaurant. (Preferred)
• Have good interpersonal skills.
• Have good communication skills.
• Have knowledge and skills about silver service.
• Eye for detail.
• Must be efficient and speedy.
• Able to stand for long periods.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Familiar with operating POS (Point of sale) systems.
To apply now complete the short form below: