Activities Coordinator – REF303
- Job Title: Activities Coordinator
- Job Location: Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Hours: Flexible hours to suit, shift pattern to encourage work/life balance
- Salary: £NMW
You will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and at no charge to the individual.
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: 03/08/2020
- Course Length: 3 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Health & Safety, IT Skills, Equality & Diversity, Mental Health & Well-Being
Activities are a huge part of life for residents at our care home and we make sure that the events we are planning are person-centred, aspirational and most of all, fun! We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Activities Coordinator to help us keep activities at the heart of our home and ultimately making our home a great place to live. From arranging regular trips, to flower arranging and crafting with our residents, this is a truly rewarding and varied role.
- Organise and conduct activities that encourage both social, mental and if appropriate physical stimulation for the residents within the home.
- Network and develop links in the local community to establish a relationship with local businesses, organisations and schools.
- To organise fund raising events.
- To organise special events i.e. Christmas entertainment, Ascot, Royal Occasions etc.
- To produce a monthly programme of events to be discussed with the General Manager of the home.
- To encourage residents and team members to participate in the homes activities programme.
- Take residents out on supported outings
- Maintenance of posters and notice boards within the home.
- Attend monthly residents meeting
- Create a schedule of activities on a monthly basis.
Benefits: Training and career development. 38 days holiday. Paid breaks and Bank Holidays. Regular staff social events. Free onsite car parking and close to local transport links. Great working environment.
Other: DBS not required, although an alcohol and drugs test will be conducted.
To apply now complete the short form below: