Senior Support Worker – REF309
- Job Title: Senior Support Worker
- Job Location: Ashford
- Salary: £9.72 per hour
- Hours: Full-time and part-time
** Please note that you will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and offered at no charge to the individual. **
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: 20/07/2020
- Course Length: 2 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Customer Service
Person Centred, Empowering, Friendly, Positive, Innovative.
Easy words, but the real job of a Senior support worker is to blend all this to enable and empower individuals to live as independently as they wish within their communities. In order to achieve this fulfilling and rewarding purpose you will be an active support worker, engaging positively with each individual you support and constantly seeking opportunities for people to get more out of life.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise the day-to-day delivery of care, to ensure that service users needs are met and that they participate appropriately in daily household and leisure activities.
- To be responsible for the care, welfare and safety of service users and the health and safety of staff.
- To take on the role of case coordinator for individual service users and to participate in the reviewing, reassessing and changing of person centred support plans to ensure they are up-to-date and in line with the individuals needs.
- To participate, as required, in the recruitment and selection of staff within an equal opportunities framework.
- To undertake monthly supervisions with staff as delegated and participate in the staff appraisal programme for subordinate staff.
- To act as a staff skills coach and undertake appropriate team building and training programmes, designed to meet an individuals needs or the Company’s staff development program.
- To ensure that the requirements of legislation, Care Standards and the Company’s Policies and Procedures are followed.
- To prepare service user and staff reports and ensure that the required records are maintained and up-to-date.
- To develop links with service users families and the professionals, statutory agencies and advocates who assist and support them.
- To be responsible for the accurate recording and checking of budgets/finances, including service users money, which has been allocated to you.
- Ensure that the storage, administration and recording of all drugs are in accordance with the GP’s instructions and Company policy.
- To participate in the implementation of communications systems that will regularly inform and update carers, service users and staff.
- To attend training or development sessions, where training needs have been identified, to update or maintain your skills. (Passing these courses is in some cases a requirement for continued employment).
- To attend regular supervision meetings with your manager and to participate in the organisations staff appraisal.
To apply now complete the short form below: