Health Care Assistant – REF477
- Job Title: Health Care Assistant
- Job Location: Basildon, Wickford and Benfleet
- Salary: £9.00 an hour Monday-Friday, -£10.00 an hour Sat-Sun
- Hours: full-time, part-time, weekends. 7:00-14:30 or 16:00-22:00
** Please note that you will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and offered at no charge to the individual.**
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: On-going
- Course Length: 2 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Customer Service
Caring for the growing needs of our community:
***Must be a driver with use of their own car*** mileage paid
Excellent pay rates – -£9.00 an hour Monday-Friday, -£10.00 an hour Sat-Sun
Full training given
What it takes
Skills and knowledge
- sensitivity and understanding
- a desire to help people
- the ability to work well with others
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- customer service skills
- excellent verbal communication skills
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Restrictions and requirements
You’ll need to:
- pass enhanced background checks
A driving licence may be helpful if you’re going to be working on shifts outside of public transport hours.
It will help to be physically fit, as you may need to help lift or move people.
What you’ll do
Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on the needs of the person you’re caring for.
For people who need support to live at home and in their community, you’ll:
- help with washing and dressing
- make food or help with eating
- get to know their interests and needs
- do household jobs, like washing clothes and shopping
- monitor their weight and record any concerns they have
- check they’re taking their prescribed medications
- support their physical and mental well-being through activities
You could also:
- support families who have new caring responsibilities
- give emotional and practical support to children and young people
- work with other health and social care professionals
- help organise leisure activities and outings
You could work at an adult care home, at a client’s home or stay overnight at people’s homes.
Your working environment may be physically and emotionally demanding.
You may need to wear a uniform.
To apply now complete the short form below: