Mix & Weigh Chef – REF481
- Job Title: Mix & Weigh Chef
- Job Location: Sittingbourne
- Salary: £8.80-£9.30 per hour
- Hours: Shift work
** Please note that you will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and offered at no charge to the individual.**
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: On-going
- Course Length: 2 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Customer Service
The step between cooking and dishing and the step that ensures our customers food is safe and other teams workflow doesn’t stop. By safeguarding our products, monitoring chill times and doing the final checks before dishing, you help create our remarkable products. Not only that, you provide a service that ensures our customer get consistency every time they enjoy our delicious food.
- Communications is key, you need to continually communicate to each department to ensure that you and your team are fully aware of what batches are coming in and out of your department and when
- By rotating batches in your fridge, you will monitor chill times to ensure the safety of our food. You will have a full understanding of products in your department and therefore what batches you are responsible for.
- Follow recipes closely and do a final check to ensure the next department has all elements of the dish. Consistency is a must and therefore you must have a full understanding of our specifications.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and input information on our inhouse database (Unity), correctly and fully understand the significance of inaccurate information being recorded
- Be a role model for others by making sure we are working in a safe environment by following the relevant health and safety and food safety procedures
- Take responsibility for portion control and wastage and ensure the team is also taking responsibility
Good to have:
NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) in catering.
Experience of working as a chef would be an advantage as would experience cooking in volume
To apply now complete the short form below: