Window Fitter – REF89
- Job Title: Window Fitter
- Job Location: Birmingham
- Salary: DOE competitive salary
- Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Possible overtime when necessary including the weekends.
Guaranteed interview after successfully completing the following training package within the specified timescale
- Course Location: Online
- Course Start Date: 29/06/2020
- Course Length: 2 Weeks
- Courses Taken: Customer Service, Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability
This is a company with a difference – we offer the personal touch. Every step of the way we will liaise with you to get you the windows and doors YOU want! Now they are looking to expand their team and they are in search of an Installer of windows and doors. You will:
• Remove old windows and doors with hand and power tools
• Measure the space(s) for the new windows or doors
• Fix the glass in place, making sure it is safe and level
• Seal the fittings to protect against the weather
• Clean away leftover materials and fix any damage to timber or plaster
• You would normally be helped by a fitter’s ‘mate’
• You might work with traditional wooden- and metal-framed products as well as modern UPVC units. You could also learn the special skills needed to repair and replace windows in old buildings
• As well as fitting windows on site, you may sometimes work on making the glass sheets. You’d need an awareness of safe working practices when handling glass
You would work both indoors and outside, using ladders or scaffolding to reach the upper storeys of buildings. The work can be physically demanding, with heavy lifting involved.
You would normally need a driving licence and access to a van to move equipment from job to job, however the company can provide a vehicle for you.
No more than 3 points on the licence, No insurance and Drink Driving endorsements will not be accepted. You will be required to present your driving history to the employer.
You must have good experience in the industry, and required to work in a professional and polite manner while installing. Applicants should ideally have at least one years’ experience, or an NVQ level 2. Above all you must be able to work to a very good standard, be well presented and able to work on your own initiative.
APPLY NOW and complete the form below: