Course Start Dates: Ongoing
- Job Title: Head Chef
- Job Location: Tring, West Hertfordshire
- Contract type: Full time, permanent
- Salary: £11.15 per hour
Responsibility to ensure that all food is safely stored, prepared, cooked and presented to our brand specifications and company hygiene standards. You will work for the Manager on duty and deputise the Kitchen Manager in their absence to ensure the kitchen is working together with the front of house team . You will maintain food quality and health and safety standards at all times.
- Support the Kitchen Manager in coaching and developing the team to deliver core skills, ensuring the team are trained efficiently and this is recorded.
- Create an effective succession plan to meet the team’s requirements, supporting development opportunities.
- Deliver pride sessions to front and back of house teams to drive improvement in food knowledge and quality.
- Work closely with the Kitchen Manager to ensure robust financial management of the kitchen operation.
- Lead in the Kitchen Managers absence.
- Order, receive, reconcile and manage stock deliveries.
- Ensure Team Members adhere to all health, safety and food hygiene processes and standards.
- Manage all end of shift cleaning tasks and maintain prep levels.
Behaviours and Skills:
- Effective communication skills and well organised
- Resilient and confident in fast paced working.
- Able to embrace and adapt to change.
- Passion for coaching others and support their continuous development
- Solution focussed
Training Before Interview
Please note that you will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and offered at no charge to the individual.
Training is either delivered in our COVID safe, training centre, in small groups where we have social distancing and protective measures following Department of Education guidance or it can be delivered online in the safety of your own home in a virtual class group led by one of our tutors- the choice is yours. When you complete the course you will be interviewed for the role.
- Go Train Centre: Online
- Course Delivery: Online
- Courses Taken: Customer Service EL3, Food Safety L2, Equality and Diversity L1, Health and Safety L1.
- Course Length: 2 weeks
- Course Start Dates: Ongoing
To apply for this job please visit www.go-train.co.uk.