Course Start Dates: 11/10/21, 18/10/21, 25/10/21
- Job Title: Tug / Shunter Drivers
- Job Location: Sheerness, Kent
- Salary: £10.30 – £17.92 per hour
- Hours: Full time, Permanent
**No Nights Out, CPC or TACO not required**
New HGV Passes Accepted
Shifts available across Monday – Sunday. Days and / or Nights
We are excited to be recruiting tug drivers and Tug Drivers for Sheerness Docks for both days and nights.
Conversion courses from Class 1 HGV licences and refresher training available for suitable candidates
The Job Role of a Tug Driver:
• Operating Roll on Roll off Tugs for the discharge and loading of cargo
• Loading and Unloading Vessels
• Shunting Cargo ready for onward journey
• Providing transfer of cargo throughout the port
• 24/7 operations
All work takes place on the port; CPC is not required & no nights out
The Successful Candidate:
• Health and Safety conscientious at all times for both themselves and others
• Flexible approach to work
• Keen to learn new skills
• Previous experience operating HGV Class 1 vehicles or Class 2 Vehicles, Tug Masters, Tipper vehicles or rigids is advantageous although training can be provided.
Your Journey In Ports
• All workers are provided with excellent training to ensure they understand safety within ports.
• All our Tug Drivers and Tug Tipper Drivers are provided with training from our ITSSAR accredited training team including up-skilling and refreshers.
• Site specific training is provided and the workforce are engaged with on the job training to ensure they are confident within their job roles.
Training Before Interview
Please note that you will need to complete the training package below before being offered an interview. Training is funded and offered at no charge to the individual.
Training is either delivered in our COVID safe, training centre, in small groups where we have social distancing and protective measures following Department of Education guidance or it can be delivered online in the safety of your own home in a virtual class group led by one of our tutors- the choice is yours. When you complete the course you will be interviewed for the role.
- Course Location: Sittingbourne
- Course Delivery: Classroom
- Course Start Dates: 11/10/21, 18/10/21, 25/10/21
- Course Length: 2 weeks
- Courses Taken: Customer Service, Employability, Progression, Personal and Social Skills, and Health and Safety Level 1
To apply for this job please visit www.go-train.co.uk.