Tailored training and support in Wiltshire and West Midlands
The Restart Scheme has been commissioned by the Department for Work and Pensions and will give Universal Credit claimants who have been out of work for between 12 to 18 months enhanced, bespoke support to find work in West Midlands and Swindon. The scheme is part of the Government’s ‘Plan for Jobs’.
The Restart Scheme will break down employment barriers that could be holding them back from finding work. Go Train will work with employers, local government and other partners to deliver tailored support for individuals.
Serco has been chosen to deliver the scheme in West Midlands and Seetec Plus in Wiltshire. Serco is committed to supporting individuals to progress into sustainable employment, and Go Train is part of Serco’s network of local delivery partners.
- Investigate career options
- Review relevance of skills, qualities, experience and training/qualifications
- Assess career options
- Plan and achieve career goals
- Plan for career progression
- Understand problem solving
- Become more effective at finding solutions
- Learn to state a preferred solution
- Using evidence to assist problem solving
- Learn resilience
- Assess the effectiveness of the solution
- Raise your self awareness
- Understand your own strengths
- Gain team work and communication skills
- Identify your transferable skills
- Learn time management and stress control techniques
- Assessing behaviours
I’ve just finished my English Level 2 and I’m waiting for my Math course. I have to admit that this is the best course I have ever had and it took lots of work.
The Tutor was very professional, but friendly. I had lots of materials and samples to use throughout my course. Whenever I needed additional help or I had some questions, my Tutor was easily available with extra information in hand.
At last, but not least, my speaking and listening exam was the best experience I’ve ever had. I have to say “wow” and congratulations for the great form! For me five plus starts!
Restart your employment opportunities now, complete the form below and our team will be in touch: